Friday, March 25, 2011

Baking soda cleaning

One of my favorite cleaning supplies isn't found in the detergent aisle of the store. It's in the baking department--and it has the word baking in it's name--yes it's Baking Soda. The chemical name is sodium bicarbonate. Apply some to a damp sponge or cloth and rub to remove tea stains from tea cups or tea pots. And I like to use it to clean refrigerator shelves and the inside of the fridge. For this chore I choose a brand new sponge or a clean rag. I dampen the sponge and sprinkle on some baking soda, and wipe the surfaces. Then I rinse with plain water. I even find that baking soda is helpful for cleaning Corning Ware. That's only the beginning of all the uses of sodium bicarbonate. And don't forget that it is handy for many recipes that call for baking soda, such as cakes and cookies.

No comments: